- Member Services
- Member Search
- TBA Member Benefits
- Cert Search
- Law Practice Management
- Legal Links
- Legislative Updates
- Local Rules of Court
- Opinion Search
- Tennessee Rules of Professional Conduct
- Update Information
- Celebrate Pro Bono
- Corporate Counsel Pro Bono Initiative
- Diversity Job Fair
- Law Student Outreach
- Leadership Law
- Public Education Programs
- TBA Academy
- Tennessee High School Mock Trial
- Youth Courts
- 2013 TBA Annual Convention
- TBA Groups
- TBALL Class of 2013
- Leadership Law Alumni
- Mentoring Task Force
- Tennessee Legal Organizations
- YLD Fellows
- Access to Justice
- The TBA
Why advertise with the Tennessee Bar Association?
Advertising opportunities are available with several of the Tennessee Bar Association's electronic and print publications, including our flagship Tennessee Bar Journal. Below is information about our publications and how to contact us to find out more.
To place an ad
Download an insertion order for Tennessee Bar Journal, TBA.org or the Tennessee Young Lawyer. Submit the completed insertion order with your ad by fax, (615) 297-8058, or email, email@example.com.
Contact Tanja Trezise or Landry Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 899-6993 or (615) 383-7421 for more information.
Reach an attractive market
When you advertise in the Tennessee Bar Journal, you reach a select group of high-income professionals who value the publication's use and accessibility.
This is a magazine that arrives monthly into the offices of many of the state's top legal professionals " and remains there as a resource that is used over and over again. For advertisers, this is a home run " a publication that is well received and well used by an attractive audience. Here's what the Journal can provide to you as an advertiser:
- A market with spending power. Nearly half of Journal readers have an income above $100,000, with 12 percent earning over $200,000.
- A market centered in Tennessee cities. Most of the Journal's readers (63 percent) work in the state's urban areas, while another 29 percent are in rural areas. The largest concentration of these readers are in Nashville (26 percent of the total circulation), but there are also substantial numbers in Memphis (16 percent), Knoxville (12 percent) and Chattanooga (9 percent).
- A market that is diverse. The Journal reaches Tennessee lawyers early in their practice and those well established. The majority of Journal readers are between 46 and 55 years old (33 percent). Following are the 36 to 45 year olds (24 percent), those 35 or younger (17 percent), those 56-65 (17 percent) and those 66 and older (8 percent). Most of these readers are men, but like the legal profession, the number of women is growing. At present men make up 76 percent of the circulation.
- A market that appreciates and uses the Tennessee Bar Journal. As the official publication of the Tennessee Bar Association, the Journal reaches over 10,000 members of the voluntary organization and is put to use in their offices. In a recent survey, TBA members rated the award-winning Journal as both highly accessible and highly useful. In fact, members rated it as the top service they receive from the TBA. That's largely because the Journal maintains high standards, reflecting the professionalism of the legal community.
Ad submission specs
- Please submit display and Web ads in electronic format with a printed proof.
- We accept print ads in PDF, EPS and TIFF formats. Four-color composite PDFs should not have trapping or opi set.
- We accept online ads in GIF, JPG and PNG formats only. We are unable to accept Flash or other rich media ads.
- Classified ads should be submitted in text or Word formats.
- Print ads should be set up as CMYK. Varnishes, spot and metallic colors are available for an additional $200/ea.
- Advertisements with bleeds must have an excess of 1/8" on each side (with no live copy within 1/4").
- Online ads include a link to the advertisers' web site and will be displayed in rotation with other advertisers.
- Maximum file size for online ads is 40k.
- Animated ads should be limited to three cycles or 15 seconds.
- If the supplied file(s) do(es) not meet the production standards of the Tennessee Bar Journal, the files may be rejected or corrected at the advertiser's expense. Any alterations will be billed to the advertiser at $50 per hour (one-hour minimum), plus an administrative fee of $25.
Please call for a quote on insert rates for bind-ins or preprinted inserts, delivered to the printer folded, untrimmed and unstitched. Send four copies of the insert for mechanical review when reserving space. Space must be confirmed six weeks before the cover date (see below for closing dates).
Classified advertisements are available for $85 for up to 50 words and $1.70 for each additional word. As a service to our members, there is no charge for advertisements for up to 50 words for full-time job openings.
Payment must accompany written classified ads. Prepaid classified ads are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Quantity discounts for prepaid classified ads (that are 50 words or less) are available at the 12-time prepaid rate of $935, which is 12 ads for the price of 11. This rate is only available for repeated ads (telephone or address changes are permitted).
Blind boxes are available for an additional $15/mo.
As an added bonus, all classified ads will also be posted on TBA.org, the Tennessee Bar Association's web site, at no extra charge, for the duration of the advertising contract.
Advertising space to announce new firm names or addresses, new associates or partners or other professional information is available. Write or call for information.
TBA.org Web advertising
TBA.org is the electronic method by which the TBA communicates with its members and members of the Tennessee legal community. This informative site was recently recognized as the nation's best web site for mid-sized bar associations.
Since full access to TBA.org was expanded to all TBA members, total hits to the web site have increased to more than 700,000 per month. Visitor sessions currently average about 80,000 per month.
TBA.org offers online continuing legal education, an archive of court opinions, electronic forums discussing legal issues, legislative updates and news that affects the Tennessee legal community.
While TBA.org attempts to confine its advertising to legitimate business endeavors, the statements and material appearing in the advertisements are solely the responsibility of the advertisers.TBA.org and the TBA do not directly or impliedly endorse, support or vouch for the authenticity of any representation made in any advertisement appearing herein. The TBA does not intend to accept any advertising material that is false or misleading.
The Tennessee Young Lawyer is the official print publication of the Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. It is published quarterly and features substantive legal articles written by young lawyers, a standing president's column and news of interest to young lawyers.
All accounts are due and payable within 30 days of invoice. Prepayment is required of:
- advertisers who have not placed an ad with the Tennessee Bar Association within the previous year;
- those who have previously been delinquent in payment to the TBA; and
- those placing classified ads or professional announcements.
We reserve the right to reject any ad for which prepayment has not been received on or before the deadline.
Past due accounts
Accounts unpaid will be subject to a 1.5 percent monthly delinquent charge. Accounts with past due balances will have their ads pulled from publication until the balance is paid.
Advertising agencies should add commission to these rates, as the TBA does not discount a commission.
Right to reject
The Tennessee Bar Association reserves the right to reject advertising at any time. The TBA will not accept advertisements or unpaid announcements regarding continuing legal education programs not sponsored or co-sponsored by the TBA.
Cancellations are accepted only before the published deadline.
Monthly Advertising Rates
Effective November 15, 2010
|Tennessee Bar Journal|
|Number of insertions||1x||3x||6x||12x|
2 page spread
|Tennessee Bar Journal issue and closing dates|
|Issue Date||Closing Date||Mail Date|
|January 2011||Nov. 19, 2010||Dec. 31, 2010|
|February 2011||Dec. 20, 2010||Jan. 29, 2011|
|March 2011||Jan. 20, 2011||Feb. 28, 2011|
|April 2011||Feb. 21, 2011||March 31, 2011|
|May 2011||March 21, 2011||April 30, 2011|
|June 2011||April 20, 2011||May 31, 2011|
|July 2011||May 20, 2011||June 30, 2011|
|August 2011||June 20, 2011||July 30, 2011|
|September 2011||July 20, 2011||Aug. 31, 2011|
|October 2011||Aug. 19, 2011||Sept. 30, 2011|
|November 2011||Sept. 20, 2011||Oct. 31, 2011|
|December 2011||Oct. 20, 2011||Nov. 30, 2011|
|January 2012||Nov. 21, 2011||Dec. 31, 2011|
|February 2012||Dec. 20, 2011||Jan. 29, 2012|
|TBA.org online advertising|
|Number of insertions||1x||3x||6x||12x|
|Tennessee Young Lawyer quarterly rates|
|Half page (back cover)||
|Half page (inside)||
|2-page spread||11.25 x 17.25||67.5 x 103.5|
|back cover||8.75 x 8.875||53 x 53|
|full page bleed||8.75 x 11.25||52.5 x 67.5|
|full page||7.31 x 9.5||44 x 57|
|1/2 page||7.31 x 4.75||44 x 28.5|
|1/3 page (square)||4.81 x 4.75||29 x 28.5|
|1/3 page (vertical)||2.31 x 9.5||14 x 57|
|1/3 page (horizontal)||7.31 x 3.25||44 x 19.25|
|1/6 page (vertical)||2.31 x 4.75||14 x 28.5|
|1/6 page (horizontal)||4.81 x 2.31||29 x 14|
|online large||2.5 x 4.17||180 x 300|
|online small||2.5 x 2.08||180 x 150|