- Member Services
- Member Search
- TBA Member Benefits
- Cert Search
- Law Practice Management
- Legal Links
- Legislative Updates
- Local Rules of Court
- Opinion Search
- Tennessee Rules of Professional Conduct
- Update Information
- Celebrate Pro Bono
- Corporate Counsel Pro Bono Initiative
- Diversity Job Fair
- Law Student Outreach
- Leadership Law
- Public Education Programs
- TBA Academy
- Tennessee High School Mock Trial
- Youth Courts
- 2013 TBA Annual Convention
- TBA Groups
- TBALL Class of 2013
- Leadership Law Alumni
- Mentoring Task Force
- Tennessee Legal Organizations
- YLD Fellows
- Access to Justice
- The TBA
Deadline Monday for Jon E. Hasting Memorial Writing Contest
The deadline for the the TBA's Environmental Law Section writing contest is just a few days away. The Jon E. Hastings Memorial Award Writing Competition, honoring one of the founding members of the section, awards a total cash prize pool of $1,200. Entries are due no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on April 2, 2012.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
• The entrant must be a law student enrolled in a Tennessee law school during 2011 or 2012.
• The topic of the entry must be on a relevant subject of Tennessee or federal environmental or natural resource law. Energy law subjects will not be accepted.
• Relevant articles, case comments, notes, or essays may be submitted for competition, including writing submitted for academic credit. Jointly authored articles are not eligible.
• Entries can be any length up to 15 pages, including the text, footnotes, endnotes and citations. The title page does not count against the maximum page count. Citation style must conform to the current edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
Law students who comply with these criteria, may submit an entry in accordance with the Rules of Competition, available here and from Environmental Law professors. Contact Lynn Pointer at the TBA with any questions.
|2012 Writing Competition Announcement.doc||32 KB|
|2012 Writing Competition Rules.doc||35 KB|