- Member Services
- Corporate Counsel Pro Bono Initiative
- Government Affairs Update
- Law Student Outreach
- Leadership Law
- Legal Assistance Volunteers For Patent Applicants
- Public Education
- TBA Academy
- Tennessee High School Mock Trial
- TBA Mentoring Program
- 2016 TBA Annual Convention
- 2017 TBA Annual Convention
- Tennessee Youth Court Program
- TBA Groups
- ABA Resource Committee
- Attorney Well Being Committee
- Access to Justice Committee
- CLE Committee
- Committee on Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Committee on the Judiciary
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Leadership Law
- Legal-Medical Relations Committee
- Long Range Planning
- Mentoring Committee
- Public Education Committee
- Tennessee Bar Journal Editorial Board
- Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Special Committee on Evolving Legal Markets
- Special Committee on Law Practice by Foreign Lawyers
- Leadership Law Alumni
- Tennessee Legal Organizations
- Young Lawyers Division
- YLD Fellows
- Access to Justice
- Access to Justice Committee
- Attorney Web Pages
- Celebrate Pro Bono Month 2016
- Corporate Counsel Pro Bono Initiative
- Corporate Council Pro Bono Initiative Award Nomination
- Apply for a Corporate Council Pro Bono Initiative Grant
- CCPBI Sponsorship Information
- 2014 CCPBI Award Winners
- 2013 CCPBI Award Winners
- 2012 CCPBI Award Winners
- 2011 CCPBI Award Winners
- 2010 CCPBI Award Winners
- 2009 CCPBI Award Winners
- 2008 CCPBI Award Winners
- Disaster Relief Assistance
- Finding an Attorney
- Hometown Support: Legal Help For Our Military
- I Want to Do Pro Bono
- Justice for All
- Member Search
- The TBA
YLD Affiliate News for October 2013
American Bar Association YLD -- The ABA YLD held its fall conference Oct. 9-12 at the Biltmore in Phoenix. Chicago young lawyer Mario Sullivan, chair of the YLD, unveiled the ABA’s public service project for the year, which is focused on ending the bullying epidemic. "Bully proof: Young Lawyers Educating and Empowering to End Bullying" is a comprehensive initiative that provides education and resources to help empower parents, educators, students and young lawyers make bullying a thing of the past. Visit the links above for information designed specifically for each of the stakeholders in the bullying debate. The YLD’s next meeting is Feb. 6-8, 2014, in Chicago. If you are interested in attending on behalf of an affiliate organization to the ABA YLD, please contact Mary Beth Haltom, District 16 Representative to the ABA for the states of Tennessee and Kentucky. You can reach Haltom at email@example.com or (615) 259-1366. For general information about the ABA YLD visit the group online or contact Nashville lawyer Matt Potempa at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 810-8438.
Blount County Bar Association YLD -- For more information about the Blount County YLD contact President Donna Ridgel at email@example.com or (865) 309-5291.
Chattanooga Bar Association YLD -- On Oct. 4, the State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division held its 2013 Fall Meeting in Chattanooga. As part of that event, the group invited members of the Chattanooga Bar YLD to attend a cocktail reception at the Sheraton Read House Hotel. Pictured below are (left to right): Brittany Thomas, Sara McManus, Georgia YLD President Darrell Sutton, Jamie Morton and Justin Faith. For more information about the Chattanooga YLD contact President Michael Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (266) 220-7137.
Jackson Madison County Bar Association YLD -- For more information about the group contact President Josh Dougan at email@example.com.
Knoxville Bar Association Barristers -- The Barristers will hold its next meeting on Nov. 13 at 5 p.m. at the Bistro by the Bijou. It will hold its Annual Meeting and Elections Dec. 11 at 5 p.m. at the Bistro. The following offices are open for nominations: vice president, secretary/treasurer and two at-large Executive Committee seats. Please contact Marsha Wilson at (865) 522-6522 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 1 with nominations. The Barristers also have several activities planned for the fall including:
- Coat Drive -- The group will hold its annual Coats for the Cold coat drive Nov. 1-15. Donations of coats, jackets, parkas, minks, rain coats, trench coats, dusters, even those mid-'90s puffy NFL jackets are sought. All coats will be donated to Knoxville Area Rescue Ministries. Contact Rachel Park Hurt at (865) 546-7000 or email@example.com for more information.
- New Admittees Reception -- The Barristers will welcome new lawyers to the Knoxville legal community at an informal cocktail hour Nov. 4 from 5 to 7 p.m. at John Black Photography Studio. There is no charge to attend but please RSVP by Oct. 30. RSVP online or by calling the KBA Office at (865) 522-6522.
- Trivia Night – A fun night of trivia and socializing will be held Nov. 20 at The Bistro at the Bijou from 6 to 7 p.m. Registration begins at 5 p.m. and costs $10 in advance. Proceeds from the event will be used to support the Barristers charitable endeavors such as Mobile Meals holiday gift baskets and volunteer breakfast. Teams may include up to four players so long at least one lawyers is on each team. Learn more or RSVP online.
- Business Law Class Presentation – The School Outreach Committee is seeking volunteers to speak about different areas of law to a class of juniors and seniors at Hardin Valley Academy. The class meets daily from 8:30 to 9:52 a.m. If you are interested in participating, please contact Catherine Anglin at (865) 525-0880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Barristers contact President Katrina Atchley Arbogast at email@example.com or (865) 541-5258.
Maury County Bar Association YLD -- For information about the Maury County YLD contact President Jacob "Jake" Hubbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (931) 381-4700.
Memphis Bar Association YLD -- The MBA YLD has two big events scheduled for November. On Nov. 13, it will staff a Phone-A-Thon sponsored by Memphis Area Legal Services (MALS). Volunteers will be calling local young lawyers to encourage them to help cover the deficits in MALS’ budget. One and two hour shifts are available all day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Calls lists and suggested talking points will be provided. Contact Nicole Grida at (901) 417-0536 or Nicole.Grida@libertymutual.com to get involved. Then, on Nov. 14, the group will hold its Annual Meeting & Elections from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Central B-B-Q Downtown. For more details on the candidates, check out the elections edition of the YLD Appeal. For information about the MBA YLD contact President Annie Christoff at email@example.com or (901) 543-5939.
Montgomery County Bar Association YLD -- For information about the Montgomery County YLD contact President Jacob Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (931) 645-9900.
Nashville Bar Association YLD -- The NBA-YLD Annual Meeting was held Oct. 17 at Buffalo Billiards. Officers elected at the meeting were President Erin Palmer Polly, President-elect Ryan Levy, Treasurer Colleen Bracken and Secretary Lauren Paxton Roberts. Robb Bigelow, who has served as president for the past year, will assume the position of immediate past president. Other board members elected were Jeff Gibson, events director; Matt Kroplin, membership director; Justin McNaughton, professional development director; and Tera Rica Murdock, public service director. Also during the meeting, division members donated professional clothes to the “Suits Giving Suits" project so those in need have clothing suitable for job interviews. The suits will be donated to the Campus for Human Development and other Nashville non-profit agencies. For more information about the Nashville YLD, contact President Erin Palmer Polly at email@example.com or (615) 313-6013.
Northeast Tennessee Young Lawyers Association -- For more information about NTYLA contact President Robert Black at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 230-0006.
Upper Cumberland Young Lawyers Association -- For more information about the group contact President Tessa Lawson at email@example.com or (931) 372-1972.
Williamson County Bar Association YLD -- The WCBA YLD will gather for a happy hour Nov. 7 at 5:15 p.m. at Mellow Mushroom in Franklin. Newly admitted attorneys are encouraged to attend! For information about the gathering or the group contact President Kristen Corn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 550-6603.| TBA Law Blog