- Member Services
- Member Search
- TBA Member Benefits
- Cert Search
- Law Practice Management
- Legal Links
- Legislative Updates
- Local Rules of Court
- Opinion Search
- Tennessee Rules of Professional Conduct
- Update Information
- Celebrate Pro Bono
- Corporate Counsel Pro Bono Initiative
- Diversity Job Fair
- Law Student Outreach
- Leadership Law
- Public Education Programs
- TBA Academy
- Tennessee High School Mock Trial
- Youth Courts
- 2013 TBA Annual Convention
- TBA Groups
- TBALL Class of 2013
- Leadership Law Alumni
- Mentoring Task Force
- Tennessee Legal Organizations
- YLD Fellows
- Access to Justice
- The TBA
29th Annual TBA Academy and U.S. Supreme Court Admissions
Instructions for Participating in Admissions Ceremonies
In order to take part in the U.S. Supreme Court admission ceremonies, you must register for the program, and also compile the materials listed below and send them to the TBA. Do not contact the U.S. Supreme Court directly. The TBA will handle all processing with the U.S Supreme Court.
All of the materials must be received by the Tennessee Bar Association on or before Oct. 15 in order to meet U.S. Supreme Court admissions deadlines.
Follow these steps to ensure that you are registered for the program and that your admissions information is submitted to the TBA in a timely fashion.
1. Fill out the application form for the TBA Academy.
2. Download and fill out the U.S. Supreme Court Application for admission to practice
NOTE: You will need two sponsors who are currently admitted to the US Supreme Court; Incoming TBA President Jackie Dixon will serve as one and will sign the document once we receive your materials here at the TBA office, so simply leave the first signature line blank. You will need to select a second sponsor to sign your application.
3. Obtain Certificate of Good Standing from the Appellate Court Clerks Office
• To obtain this, use the form you can download from this page or call 615-741-2681
• Obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing will cost $50
• Ask for a quick turnaround to meet the deadline
4. Mail these items to the TBA so that they arrive on or before Oct. 15. If you do not meet this deadline you will not be part of the admissions ceremony.
Tennessee Bar Association
ATTN: TBA Academy
221 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 400
Nashville, TN 37219-2198
|US Supreme Court Application||47.07 KB|
|Request for certificate of good standing from Appellate Court||63.05 KB|