The TBA's Attorney Well Being Committee works to enhance the understanding of issues associated with attorney well being through education and other awareness activities. The Committee also explores programs, accumulates data and provides analysis to enhance attorney well being. You can find out more about the Attorney Well Being Committee today.
Helpful articles, resources and programs:
- Just Breathe: How Mindfulness & Meditation Can Ease Stress in Your Life and Law Practice Article
- But I Don’t Have Time to Practice Mindfulness! Article
- The Anxious Lawyer Website
- Stress, Law & Happiness: New TLAP Director Offers Hope Past the Pain
- Mental Health in the Legal Profession: A Crisis, a Case Study and a Call to Action
Tennessee Lawyers Assistance Program (TLAP) is a one-stop shop for the wellness needs of Tennessee attorneys. This free, confidential program provides consultation, referral, intervention, and crisis counseling for legal professionals and law students who are struggling with substance abuse, stress or emotional issues. The goal of TLAP is to not only assist members of the legal profession with recovery and remedies for impairment, but also to protect clients, litigants and the general public from harm caused by impaired lawyers or judges. The mission and general structure of TLAP are set forth in Rule 33 of the Tennessee Supreme Court Rules.
The TBA offers several podcast channels, one is dedicated to attorney well being. The HealthyBar podcast is a bi-monthly program focused on attorney well being, offering best practices, and tips to keep you healthy.