Job Details - Legal Assistant
DeSalvo Law Firm PLLC
5+ to 7 Years
- Soft Skills
- You must possess good judgment, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, high integrity, tact, and a positive attitude.
- You must be adept at establishing positive, productive working relationships, capable of generating trust, possess an ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback, and demonstrate competence and character that inspires trust.
- You help foster a healthy firm culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, and encourages constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion, and diversity at all levels.
- You recognize and value that each role in the firm contributes to your success and that of the firm.
- You are punctual, reliable, responsible, and without excuses or drama.
- Proficiencies, Duties, & Responsibilities
- You will provide administrative support to attorneys, including answering telephones, maintaining calendars and schedules, coordinating meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- You will make copies, scan, and save documents, send/receive emails with accuracy, sort, distribute and respond to mail, prepare and send all mail, open and maintain files, frequently check outboxes and process work.
- You will prepare legal documents and correspondence, time entries, run conflict checks, open and maintain client files, and file documents.
- You will answer and screen calls and e-mails for urgency, set priorities, take accurate messages, and greet clients and visitors for meetings as needed.
- You will assist with various litigation filings, including e-filing documents in multiple states according to local rules with timely handling and calendaring.
- Flex schedule available, i.e. 30-40 per week.
- Bachelor’s Degree or upper level coursework, entertainment industry experience, and knowledge of legal terminology and Clio® Case Management System strongly preferred.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling, and acute attention to detail with keen proofreading skills.
- Technological expertise shall include MS Office 365, PC, and all social media platforms, and ability to quickly learn new technology tools.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Minimum five years prior substantive, progressively responsible administrative assistant experience; three years of law firm and federal court litigation experience.
DeSalvo Law Firm PLLC
How To Apply
Send informative cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS.