JobLink is the Tennessee Bar Association's portal for attorneys seeking employment, as well as employers seeking qualified candidates. JobLink is a TBA member benefit and is available to members and employers at no cost. All resumes and open positions are posted at the discretion of the TBA.
TBA members looking for employment can post a resume and manage who sees it. Edits may be made at anytime. Resumes will be online for 60 days, but may be extended. You can also search all open positions and narrow your search by job type, employer, category and location.
Employers can post open positions here. Edits may be made at any time. Job postings will be online for 60 days, but may be extended. Employers can also search posted resumes from TBA members.
Job Details - Investigator
TN Post-Conviction Defender's Office
The Tennessee Office of the Post-Conviction Defender (OPCD) is accepting applications for an Investigator position. All levels of experience will be considered. The position is located in Nashville, TN.
The OPCD is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment for all employees. Salary is based on experience and level of education. Health insurance and other benefits are provided.
• Commitment to indigent criminal defense
• Familiarity with mental health, trauma, and racial justice issues
• Ability to collaborate closely with others in a team setting
• Ability to work and communicate with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
• Clear oral and written communication skills
• Organizational and time-management abilities
• Ability to conduct a substantial amount of overnight travel in and out of state
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
• A valid driver’s license
• A college degree in a relevant field, such as social work, psychology, or journalism
• Prior investigative experience
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send: 1) a cover letter discussing their interest in capital defense work and qualifications for the investigator position; 2) a resume; 3) three professional references; and 4) a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is August 7, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews will be conducted remotely.