The Justice Frank F. Drowota III Outstanding Judicial Service Award is given to a judge or judicial branch official of a federal, state or local court in Tennessee who has demonstrated extraordinary devotion and dedication to the improvement of the law, our legal system and the administration of justice as exemplified by the career of Justice Frank F. Drowota, III. It need not be given every year.
The Executive Committee of the Tennessee Bar Association chooses the recipient of the Justice Frank F. Drowota Outstanding Judicial Service Award based upon open nominations received by the Executive Committee.
(1) The recipient can be any judge or judicial branch official of a federal, state trial or
appellate court or any judge of a local court including a general sessions, juvenile or
(2) The public service activities must be beyond the simple performance of judging duties.
• 2021 Nominations Open: March 25
• 2021 Nominations Close: May 3
• Award Presented: At Lawyers Luncheon during TBA Annual Convention